Every year, the legendary road is honored by amateur radio operators who make contacts along this highway.
Look for W6 callsigns with a single following letter spread along the route.
U.S. Route 66, also known as the Will Rogers Highway, the Main Street of America or the Mother Road, was one of the original highways within the U.S. Highway System.
Rules: To request a Commemorative Route 66 On The Air Certificate or Decal please read the information and steps below:
1. Citrus Belt Amateur Radio Club (CBARC) is the host for the Route 66 On The Air event, and is processing the certificates.
2. You must work at least ONE of the participating Route 66 On The Air stations in order to request the certificate.
Hz 80M 40M 30M 20M 17M 15M 12M 10M 6M
CW 3.533 7.033 10.110 14.033 18.080 21.033 24.900 28.033 50.033
SSB 3.866 7.266 N/A 14.266 18.164 21.366 24.966 28.466 50.166
DIGI.3.580 7.070 10.140 14.070 18.100 21.070 24.920 28.120 N/A
(ALL frequencies shown can be +/- due to QRM and other in use conditions).
3. When requesting the certificate you must: Fill out the certificate application completely, and enclose $4.00 for each certificate and $5.00 for each decal requested.
4. CBARC will NOT accept an envelope and/or postage in lieu of the $4.00 charge for each certificate or $5.00 for each decal. Note for Overseas Stations: CBARC no longer accepts IRCs for any payment.
No other forms of payment other than those shown above will be accepted.
Please allow 10 weeks for delivery of certificate or decals
5. Mail application and payment to: CBARC Route 66 Certificate, P.O. Box 3788, San Bernardino, CA 92413...