Look for stations participating in the World Youth Day to be held in Krakow, Poland, between July 26-31st.
The special event station, HF2SDM, has been activated (since March 27th) to celebrate the 2nd (in Poland) World Youth Day in Krakow, Poland, as well as Pope Francis's visit to Krakow.
Activity will last until August 31st, 2016.
A special commemorative QSL card and award was approved by the Metropolitan Curia in Krakow.
The special Award will be signed by His Eminence from the Metropolitan Curia of Krakow, Cardinal Stanislawa Dziwisza, along with the official embossed dry seal.
1. The award is issued by the Malopolska Association of Radioamateurs, Krakow Division of the PZK to commemorate the 2nd (in Poland) World Youth Day and Pope Francis's visit to Poland. World Youth Day is organized by the Metropolitan Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Krakow. World Youth Day 2016 will be particularly significant as a tribute to Saint Pope John Paul II, the founder of the World Youth Day as Kraków was his home.
2. The award may be earned by any licensed amateur radio operator, SWLs and club station using HF/VHF/SHF.
3. Only QSO's made between July 26–31, 2016, will count for the award.
4. QSO's can be made on any band and mode.
5. Award Requirements: Make one QSO with HF2SDM on any band and any mode between July 26–31, 2016.
6. Award price: 5.00 USDs to cover postage fees.
7. Send your QSL's and award application indicating the QSO information for your QSO with HF2SDM and 5.00 U.S. Dollars to: MSK OT PZK w Krakowie, P. O. Box 606, 30-960 Kraków 1, Poland.