The special event is organized by the Polish Amateur Radio Union. The special event will be performed with help of ham radio operators from Bydgoszcz Field Branch of PZK, especially club stations of the Branch. This event’s goal is to honor 670th anniversary of granting city rights to Bydgoszcz, and the event will take place from September 23rd till October 9th, 2016.
1. The following special calls will be used during this event:
2. Special-event stations will operate on all bands from 80 m to 10 m, including WARC bands and on VHF 2m/70cm.
3. Special-event stations will use the following modes:
• DIGI (all digital modes despite of type count as one)
• FM (VHF only)
4. For QSOs with all stations, despite of band or mode, operators will be awarded with a diploma. The Diploma will be available in electronic form only.
5 (THIS IS AN INTERESTING RULE) For each QSO on each HF band / mode, on the website of the event, operator will receive a question about history of Bydgoszcz with 3 possible answers. The operator should answer / guess which historical fact is correct. Operators who will answer correctly all or the highest number of questions from history of Bydgoszcz in the least amount of time, will receive rewards.
Rewards will be assigned separately for VHF and HF category.
In HF category there will be 3 rewards respectively for Poland, Europe and DX stations.
Stations of the organizer and operators working under special calls of the event will not be taken under consideration during granting rewards.
6. The same rules apply to SWLs. In order for SWL report to be accepted, the calls of both correspondents must agree with the log of special station and the time of QSO cannot differ by more than 3 minutes.
In the SWL category there will be one reward despite of the location of the station.
Information mentioned in #9 will be available on the web site of the event, after uploading of special stations logs. Logs will be uploaded at least once a day, after all stations finish their work.
7. Diplomas will be available for download after the event finishes from the web site of the event.
Rewards will ship when the event finishes.
8. Organizer reserves a right to take final decisions and settle untypical situations not covered by regulations.